Cook's Industries was founded by the late Agamemnon Paraskevas in 1954 in Cairo Egypt under the name United Foods Company. Starting out of a small workshop of 100sqm in Cairo's Boulac area, he created the registered COOK'S brand which quickly became an Egyptian household name. Moving from Boulac to 6th October Industrial City in 1985, with facilities covering 9000sqm, the company has evolved over three generations of family ownership and management into one of the top companies in the Egyptian Food Industry. As one of Egypt's oldest dry-powder mixing companies, Cook's maintains its founder's principles, commitment to total quality and customer satisfaction. These principles, set out by our founder, are the cornerstone of all our endeavors
In 1995, stewardship of the company was handed over to the second generation under the guidance of Philippe Paraskevas. Under his management the company introduced the brand Tag Elmelouk, which has become the market leader and a household name for all its products. The company oversaw the construction and opening of a second factory in 6th October City in 1997 covering 13000 sqm in addition to the original facilities which are still in use. It furthermore modernized its infrastructure, production and management systems. Under this generation the company consolidated and expanded its market position, while introducing innovative concepts into the Egyptian food market in terms of packaging and quality, keeping in line with our founder's ethos.